Australia is a one-in-a-million kind of country. Fact.
Whether it be due to the endless variety of wildlife, the phenomenal landscapes, the world-class food and wine, or the ever-so-relaxed way of life, a visit to Australia guarantees a love affair to remember.
Yep, we’re obsessed. Australia is a country with so many iconic sights, you can’t help but gawk at every turn.
Read on for our top 21 reasons why Australia should be your pick for 2017, and why you’ll soon be #obsessed.
1. Because you can walk around one of the world’s largest natural icons, Uluru.
2. Because you can splash about in one of the most iconic wonders of the world, the Great Barrier Reef.
3. Because you WILL fall in love with 19 UNESCO World Heritage sites, including some of the world’s oldest rainforests and close to one-third of the world’s protected marine areas.
4. Because you can say hello to the world’s most poisonous jellyfish – the box jellyfish. Well, maybe not a reason to fall in love with Australia, but sure adds to the adventure!
5. Because Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world (self-proclaimed, yes but still counts) and boasts world class stadiums and events that stop the nation.
6. Because, this guy.
7. Because you can explore on four wheels in a 4WD on the world’s largest sand bank, Fraser Island.
8. Because making sounds out of a didgeridoo is so much fun and should be your new learned skill for 2017.
9. Because you can even find the Insta-worthy pink Lake Hillier!
10. Because you can search (from afar) for whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia.
11. Because the super-cool crocodiles that inhabit the north are the closest things to dinosaurs on the planet.
12. Because you can stand next to the world’s oldest living organism – The Stromatolites.
13. Because you can visit the island with the world’s cleanest air, Tasmania.
14. Because you can experience the world’s biggest cinema screen at Sydney’s IMAX.
15. Because you can indulge in wine from over 60 regions across the country.
16. Because Brisbane’s inner-city lagoon is incredible and provides a refreshing respite from the heat. Note: man-made bliss.
17. Because you can sample the local craft beers, with the average Australian said to consume up to 96 litres of beer annually.#Straya
18. Because, fact: Australia is home to the best beaches in the world. If you visited a different Australian beach every day, it would take up to 27 years to visit. Our advice? Start with the East Coast, and go!
19. Because there’s loads of weird and wonderful natural attractions, including The Pinnacles and Devil’s Marbles.
20. Because there’s over 8,000 islands surrounding Australia – and they’re all yours to explore!
21. Because the best New Year’s Eve fireworks happen in Sydney and you absolutely have to witness it for yourself.
Find your Down Under adventure here.