New Year’s Eve is coming around again guys. Where did 2018 go?! Yep, we’re not sure either. If you’re yet to make plans, here’s the lowdown on celebrating New Year’s Eve in New York with Topdeck this year.
2019 – let’s do this!
1. New Year’s Eve in New York is bucket list material
Fireworks in Sydney, live music in Edinburgh, parties in Berlin as well as riverside fireworks in London and Hong Kong. It’s New Year’s Eve baby!
But no New Year’s Eve party is more famous than New York’s – it’s the real definition of go hard or go home. As well as the ball drop in Times Square, there’s also performances from top musicians and fireworks too. Away from Times Square, New York’s super clubs are bound to put on a show and there are multiple other fireworks displays throughout the city.
Long story short, New York New Year’s Eve 2018/19 is where it’s at.
2. But what about my New Year’s Eve accommodation?
Finding (affordable) accommodation in New York is hard enough at the best of times, and New Year’s Eve is no exception. So, forget the faff ‘cos we’ve got your back.
With our New York New Year’s Eve trips, we’ve got all of your accommodation sorted. You’ll stay in either a social hostel or a cosy hotel – the choice is yours. All you need to do is take your pick and get packing those bags 👍
3. Help! All of the cool New York New Year’s Eve 2018 parties are sold out/are too expensive!
New Year’s Eve: it either goes perfectly to plan or is an absolute disaster. We’ve all been there, right? But never fear, Topdeck is here! Lock in your trip with us and we’ll sort you out with an exclusive New Year’s Eve party.
You’ll get a yummy dinner, access to an open bar, tunes courtesy of an awesome DJ and champagne to ring in 2019 with your fellow Topdeckers.
The best part? You’ll be able to watch the ball drop with your new travel mates from the warmth of the party venue (not outside with frozen fingers in Times Square). Score 👏
4. Nice one! What else can I do on the lead up to the New Year’s Eve celebrations?
We’ve packed lots of other activities into our New York New Year’s Eve trips. Other than the epic party, you’ll also get access to the One World Observatory. Being the sixth-tallest skyscraper in the world, this stunning building has arguably the best view over the city.
We’ll also hook you up with a 7-day Metro pass. Travel like a local from must-see spots to must-do activities and start shortening that New York bucket list of yours. Question is, where are you gonna start? Let’s go with New York food faves (of course) with a side of New York film and TV locations.
You can also buy an optional sightseeing pass through Topdeck. Just ask your Trip Leader for more info on this one 😎
5. Sounds great! Are there any other special things to do in winter in New York?
Yes, yes and yes! New York in winter = soooo many awesome pop-up events. When travelling to the Big Apple with us, you’ll have spare time to soak up some of the city’s best festive vibes with optional activities. (These are not included in Topdeck’s itinerary, but they’re too awesome to miss).
Get your skates on at the Rockefeller Centre. Take in your surrounds as you zoom around the rink that’s right by the famous Rockefeller Christmas tree. Coming in at a height of 85 feet (26 metres) and with its 50,000 LED lights twinkling away, trust us when we say you can’t miss it! 👀
Our other top picks?
– Watch a show on Broadway for guaranteed festive feels
– Head to the Top of the Rock at sunset for epic views (and probably a few wedding proposals)
– Escape the cold and explore the American Museum of Natural History or the Metropolitan Museum of Art
– Check out the incredible Christmas shop window displays on Fifth Avenue
– Keep warm with a pumpkin spice latte. Don’t forget to load up on whipped cream, sprinkles and a little gingerbread man. Go on, you deserve it after all of that exploring 😉
– Grab your ice skates or go for a walk in Central Park (it’s even prettier in the snow!)
And there you have it!
Ready to take on the city by storm? Book your New York New Year’s Eve trip with Topdeck! 🎉
Want more? Have a look at our other trips to America.