Let’s face it, travelling is full of amazing sightseeing, epic foodie feasts and memories that you won’t be forgetting in a hurry. But how about those Little Wins that happen now and again that just make you feel, well, great? Check out our list and see how many you’ve had.
1. When you manage to shotgun a bottom bunk in the hostel
And the satisfaction of throwing your bag on it to mark your territory.
2. And when the bed’s already been made
Is it too soon to have a nap?
3. When there’s no one snoring in your dorm
Can we get a hallelujah.
4. And when there’s free (and fast) Wi-Fi
So you can tell all of your mates about this snore-free zone aka paradise.
5. When there’s a power socket and light switch right next to your bunk
Shoutout to whoever designed the room. You have our eternal gratitude.
6. When your dorm has an ensuite and you didn’t realise
7. When there’s an awesome free breakfast in the morning
And there’s enough left over for you to go back for seconds.
8. And you find absolute gems on the free food shelf
Stocking up on alllll the pasta.
9. When meeting some new mates in the hostel kitchen turns into the best spontaneous night out. Ever.
Seriously though, these are nights you won’t be forgetting any time soon.
10. And when you get to the bar and it’s still happy hour
The cheaper the better.
11. When you cba to walk home after the club and you find out there’s Uber
SUCH a good feeling.
12. When you come back from the night out and you’ve still got all of your belongings
Don’t ask how, don’t ask why, just thank the higher powers at work.
13. When you hang out with someone who loves taking pictures
14. When there’s decent food at a service station
No plain cheese sandwiches here.
15. And when the menu at a restaurant also has an English translation
No surprises this time!
16. When there’s no queue at passport control
The end is in sight!
17. And that feeling when you get a new stamp in your passport
And you flick through the pages later, just to make sure it’s still there.
18. When you get a row of seats to yourself on a flight
No one talk to me. I’m napping. Unless there’s free food.
19. Or when you get the emergency exit aisle on the plane
Extra legroom FTW.
20. When your luggage arrives first on the carousel in the airport
It sure makes coming home from travelling that little bit easier…
Can’t get enough of these Little Wins? Come travel with Topdeck to get your fill.