2018 is here! To celebrate, we’ve got 18 awesome travel quotes to get you inspired to hit the road this year. Because there’s no time like the present, right?
Go on, pack those bags. You know you want to 😎
1. ‘Travelling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.’ ― Ibn Battuta, from The Travels of Ibn Battutah
2. ‘I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.’ ― Oscar Wilde, from
3. ‘Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.’ ― Gustave Flaubert
4. ‘Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.’ ― Anatole France
5. ‘Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.’ ― H. Jackson Brown Junior, from P.S. I Love You
6. ‘We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.’ ― Jawaharlal Nehru
7. ‘Not all those who wander are lost.’ ― J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring
8. ‘I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.’ ― Robert Louis Stevenson, from Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes
9. ‘Travel far enough, you meet yourself.’ ― David Mitchell, from Cloud Atlas
10. ‘It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.’ ― Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Left Hand of Darkness
11. ‘One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things.’ ― Henry Miller, from Big Sur and the Oranges of Hieronymus Bosch
12. ‘Like all great travellers I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.’ ― Benjamin Disraeli
13. ‘I travel a lot. I hate having my life disrupted by routine.’ ― Caskie Stinnett
14. ‘No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.’ ― Lin Yutang, from A Trip to Anhwei
15. ‘Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.’ ― Lawrence Block
16. ‘Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.’ ― Paulo Coelho, from
17. ‘I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.’ ― Mary Anne Radmacher
18. ‘Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.’ ― Anthony Bourdain, from
Ready to hit the road after reading these travel quotes? Check out where Topdeck can take you.
Want some more inspiration?